Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so it makes perfect sense that I'd love this feature!
If you read my end of the year survey, the books on this list will be no surprise to you. While I read plenty of great books this year, I decided to only list the six that I can't stop thinking about or recommending to people. These were all five-star reads for me, and I've quoted from and linked to my reviews for each (just in case you need further convincing to read these books).
Top Six Books I Read In 2013
1. Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer - "I read Nowhere but Home back at the beginning of June and have had this draft post just sitting there since then. I just loved this book so much that everything I write about it seems inadequate. What words can I string together to convince you that this is a book that is so deserving of your attention? This is, without a doubt, one of the best books I've read this year." My Review
2. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent - "How do I even begin to describe my love for this book? From the stunning cover to the gorgeous prose inside, I love everything about Burial Rites. Hannah Kent's debut novel is a work of fiction, but it is based on real events. It is stunning, moving, and without a doubt, one of the best things I've read in a long time and certainly a favorite of this year. It deserves all the praise it's been getting and more... If you're a fan of adult fiction, this is a book that MUST be on your reading list." My Review
3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - "No matter what you think about the controversial topic addressed in Me Before You, I am convinced you'll find the book engrossing and memorable! There's just so much to love about it. We're barely in to 2013, and yet I feel confident in saying that this is absolutely a book that will top the list of favorite reads at the end of the year." My Review
4. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - "Crown of Midnight is just an addictive story! I really enjoyed Throne of Glass, but I can now see how Maas was setting everything up and introducing you to characters that were about to steal your heart. The creativity of the story, the super swoonworthiness of the romance, and the mythology of the magic in this world just blew me away. The story is so complex, so detailed, and so thought out. I definitely feel like Maas knows where she's going with this story, which makes me even more excited for further books in this series." My Review
5. All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry - "Don't let the blurb or cover dissuade you from reading this book. It's emotional, lovely, haunting and such a wonderful book. The writing is so lyrical that I found myself re-reading passages over and over again just to savor their beauty. Even when I love a book, I'm not typically the kind to push it on everyone. Listen, I'm pushing this one. You really NEED to read this book! You may be nervous or unsure of it, but I'm begging you to give it a chance. This was definitely one of the best surprises of 2013! And you better believe I'm buying a hard copy for my shelves." My Review
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - "Honestly y'all, I feel like I haven't said anything new or original about Fangirl. In case you can't tell, I absolutely loved it. I tore through my copy at lightning speed, and I'm already thinking about a much-needed re-read because I didn't take enough time appreciate Rowell's clever and smart writing. There were SO MANY quotable lines, but I feel like I barely absorbed them because I was so smitten with the story and the characters." My Review