Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so it makes perfect sense that I'd love this feature!
Top Ten Books I'd Give to Readers
Who Have Never Read Non-Fiction
1. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom - A family becomes leaders in the Dutch Underground - hiding Jewish people in their home during WWII - before being caught and sent to concentration camps.
2. The Nazi Officer's Wife by Edith Hahn Beer - A Jewish woman marries a Nazi and must survive by hiding in plain sight - an entirely new perspective on WWII. | My Review
3. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank - The moving journal of a young Jewish girl in hiding during WWII - heartbreaking, compelling and incredible.
4. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - An incredible story of one man's survival and strength during WWII - and one of the best books that I have ever read. | My Review
5. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - The story of one woman's cells, their contribution to science and how an almost unknown woman changed the face of medicine. | My Review
6. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls - An unforgettable memoir of one woman's dysfunctional family and unconventional childhood that still reveals the bonds of family and power of love.
7. The Girls of Murder City by Douglas Perry - The real-life crimes, the women behind them, and the journalist that inspired the musical Chicago! | My Review
8. There is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene - The story of the HIV/AIDS crisis in Ethiopia - told through story of one woman and the orphans she houses. | My Review
9. The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett and Amanda Pressner - Three friends take one year to travel the world - documenting their adventures along the way. | My Review
10. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling - Hilarious and touching essays on Mindy's childhood, life and random observations - one of my favorite "memoirs."