Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so it makes perfect sense that I'd love this feature!
Top Ten Books I Want to Re-Read But Don't Own (Anymore)
Although I always have books on my wishlist, I was struggling with this week's topic! For the most part, the books I really want to read are a) ones I already own, b) ones in a series that I want to binge or c) ones that aren't released yet. So, I decided to twist the topic a little bit.
I really love to re-read, and I usually have the books that I want to read on-hand. But when I was a teenager, I gave away SO MANY books from my childhood. I'm still mad at myself for purging so many! So, with that in mind, here are ten books I really want to re-read but don't own... anymore.
1. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry - Oh yes, my love for historical fiction started early.
2. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell - Was this one amazing? My memory thinks it was.
3. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt - Ah, I've been CRAVING this one recently.
4. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred Taylor - This is one of my favorite books on this list!
5. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls - The tears - I think I remember them.
6. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - I loved so many books by Paterson, but this was a favorite.
7. Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry - Yes, I was 100% a hardcore horse girl through and through.
8. Homecoming by Cynthia Voigt - All I remember: a) kids abandoned by their mom and b) SO GOOD.
9. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren - Pippi is THE BOMB. Who didn't want her adventures?!
10. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - I don't even remember what this one is about... Oops!