Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so it makes perfect sense that I'd love this feature!
Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read,
But Didn't Get To (BUT IT WILL HAPPEN)
1. How to Tell Toledo from the Night Sky by Lydia Netzer - I sent Jen a few ARCs, and she was seriously so generous and surprised me with a lovely gift: three of her favorite recent reads! I'm seriously in love with this cover, and I can't wait to read this one for myself and discover what Jen loves so much.
2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - I bought this randomly at the bookstore one day when I saw it on the New Releases shelf. I just loved the cover and the two chapters I read while sitting in the store! I've since heard nothing but amazing things about it, so I've got to make it happen this year.
3. Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal - I bought this from my favorite independent bookstore while on vacation, but I picked it out on kind of a whim. I think the cover and name won me over immediately. I love historical fiction and books set in the South, so I'm hoping it's the perfect read for me!
4. Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers - Francine Rivers is one of my favorite Christian fiction authors, so I knew I had to pre-order this book... and it's been sitting on my shelves since it arrived in April. I have no excuse for not having read this yet! I think I just let other books distract. But it will happen this year.
5. It's Not Me, It's You by Mhairi McFarlane - I loved You Had Me at Hello, but I've heard this book is even better! I'm obsessed with this cover - it's got some of the best details. I was also gifted McFarlane's other book, Here's Looking at You, for Christmas. Now I've got two books by her just waiting for me to pick them up!
6. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - I had this one of my wishlist after I started hearing lots of buzz for it from other bloggers, and then the lovely Alexa gave me a copy for Christmas. YAY! I've become obsessed with fantasy in the last few years, and I can't wait to read this for the Flights of Fantasy challenge.
7. Like No Other by Una LaMarche - This was another lovely gift from Jen, which I cannot wait to read. I've heard lots of other great things about this book. Some of my most-trusted bloggers have loved it! I'm kind of glad I waited to read it though because now I can count it for the Dive Into Diversity challenge!
8. Something Real by Heather Demetrios - I'll be honest: I really had no interest in reading this book until I read and fell in love with I'll Meet You There, Demetrios' new book coming out February 3. It was such a great reading experience that I became convinced I needed to read this one, too. I hope it doesn't disappoint!
9. Plus One by Elizabeth Fama - Elizabeth is one of my favorite authors to interact with online! She introduced me to these Austen editions (WANT), and we've had some great email discussions about books. She was so kind and sent me a copy of Monstrous Beauty, and then I bought Plus One. I can't wait to read both!
10. Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson - I acquired this ARC after the book was already out, and I was so excited to read it! But I hate to start another series when I'll have to wait so long for it to continue... However, I think I need to accept it and just read it already! Plus, book two will be out soon(ish).