Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so it makes perfect sense that I'd love this feature!
Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Check In With
1. Emily from The Opposite of Love - This book's prologue is, in a way, a check in with these characters. But is it terrible that I want to know more? I love the ending and the small peek at the future, but I'd happily spend just a little more time with these characters that stole my heart.
2. Franny from Someday, Someday, Maybe - I read that Lauren Graham is planning on writing a sequel, and I really hope it's true. While I loved the somewhat open ending, I would not turn down the chance to find out what happens next with Franny's career - and her love life! What happens next?!
3. Queenie and Everett from Nowhere but Home - Is it selfish that I want an entire sequel of just Queenie and Everett finally being happy together? I would also welcome updates on Mary Carole, Cal and all the other characters I fell in love with in this book. JUST MORE KISSING, PLEASE.
4. Lauren and Ryan from After I Do - Oh goodness, I adore everything about this book - including the ending. While I don't have to have an update on them, I would love to be able to check in on the next chapter of these characters' lives (provided it was all happy and good, obviously).
5. Lincoln and Beth from Attachments - This wasn't an obvious choice for me, but it grew on me the more I thought about it. I became really attached to Lincoln, and you only get to know Beth through Lincoln's eyes and in her emails. I would love to hear more from her - and see how these two are doing together!
6. Allyson and Willem from Just One Day and Just One Year - I enjoyed the ending of Just One Year, but I absolutely loved the addition of Just One Night. While I think the story ends in a great place, I'm dying to know what happens next for these two characters. Where do they go from that ending?!
7. Samantha and Annamae from Under a Painted Sky - I just recently finished this book, and I'm already wishing there was a sequel. I have my own hopes and dreams for the characters, but I'd rejoice if I found out there was going to be an actual companion book. It doesn't need one, but I want it!
8. Reagan and Matt from Open Road Summer - I think I'd like to check in with these characters a few years down the road, rather than picking up where the book left off. I did love the ending, but I think there's some awesome potential character growth for Reagan and would love to see it happen.
9. Francesca and Her Friends from Saving Francesca and The Piper's Son - I may have shortened it to "friends" for this item, but you better believe I want more Will, Tom, Tara, Justine, Siobhan and Jimmy. I JUST WANT MORE OF THESE LOVELIES. But can you blame me?! They feel like family.
10. Puck and Sean from The Scorpio Races - This is one of the best slow-burn romances ever, but I'd still gladly read a follow-up with more of these characters and this island. I fell in love with Thisby, and I'd even be content with a sequel that checked in with different characters. Just take me back there!