Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic and invite everyone to share their answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so I obviously love this feature!
I have so much fun picking books for my seasonal TBR list, especially when I finish everything on my previous list. I recently read the last book on my spring TBR (aside from one DNF), so I'm headed into summer feeling quite accomplished. I had no problem coming up with today's list. I'm so excited to dive into these books!
Top Twelve Books on My Summer TBR
It's Series-ously Time
1 - 3. The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han - I'd previously written these books off, but I've been dying to read more from Han after falling in love with To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You. These seem made to be read at the beach! I loved Han's writing and characters, and I'm hoping it's true for these too.
Call Me, Contemporary
4. Come Away with Me by Karma Brown - This wasn't on my radar, but Alexa found out about it at BEA and grabbed a copy for me. The ARC is blurbed by Taylor Jenkins Reid, which immediately gave it a million bonus points for me. I love the cover and summary and had to make myself stop reading when I was "sampling" it.
5. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid - One of my most anticipated 2015 releases! I fell in love with Taylor Jenkins Reid last year, and I push After I Do on everyone. I've been holding on to this one for the right time, even though I'm already dreading the moment it's over. I want an unlimited supply of books from Taylor!
6. Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry - I still haven't read Take Me On (and McGarry's books can be a little hit or miss for me), but I'm excited about giving this one a shot. Some of my most trusted friends love it, which makes me think it will work for me. I can't wait to find out for sure, even if the summary makes me nervous.
We've Got History
7. These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly - Listen, I may have hyperventilated when I saw this cover and read this summary. I absolutely love Jennifer Donnelly, and I've been anxiously waiting for more historical fiction from her. Alexa got this signed for me at BEA, and I just want to sleep with it under my pillow and love it forever.
8. Circling the Sun by Paula McLain - I really enjoyed McLain's debut, The Paris Wife, and have been looking forward to reading more by her. Thankfully, this summary sounds like it's right up my alley! In fact, I think this one might work even better for me than her first book. Either way, I love historical fiction based on real people.
9. These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner - I've had this book sitting on my shelves for quite a while, and it's probably the oldest book on my summer TBR. Reading Nicole's post about the heroine convinced me that it was finally time to pick this one up. It sounds like an unforgettable read, and it's got amazing ratings.
What the Fantasy?!
10. The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas - Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how much I love this series! I read the first two books earlier this year, and I freaked out when I got approved for the third on Edelweiss. I won't be able to wait to read this book because I NEED TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS. I hope it's just as epic and romantic!
11. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I bought this book at Yallfest last year, and it's just been sitting on my bookshelf ever since. With all the BEA excitement over Passenger, I figured this read is long overdue. If I love it, I'm hoping to binge the whole series this summer. I've heard great things about it!
12. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - I was already planning to read this book, but the news that there will be a sequel has made me even more determined to explore this world. I've heard somewhat mixed things, but I think it seems like it will be a fit for me based on the friends I have who've loved it. I'll soon find out for sure...