Some of my favorite posts are ones where bloggers highlight the products they're loving lately or the things they're currently coveting. Posts like that always put new products on my radar and give me great ideas for gifts. I love this kind of content so much that I decided to start incorporating it into my blog by highlighting my loves and lusts and each season. Rather than give it a creative name, I thought my blog name was more fitting. So, here's what I'm so obsessed with this summer:
1. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer ($36) - I usually wear foundation, but summer is the one time that I feel like I can get away with wearing less. I think it's because I get a little more color in my skin and don't look quite so pale. I've been using this BB Tinted Primer and love the amount of coverage it provides!
2. Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara ($6.99) - I like a lot of nice makeup brands, but I always use cheap mascara. I can never tell the difference when I try the expensive kind! I rarely use waterproof, but I always have at least one tube in my makeup drawer for days by the water. Yes, I wear mascara at the beach/pool.
3. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Primrose Hill Picnic ($15) - I bought this Butter London color a year or so ago, but I really fell in love with it this summer. It's such a bright, happy shade of pink! Since I've been wearing sandals a lot this season, it's fun to look down and see this on my toes.
4. Korres Lip Butter ($12) - I think this coral color is so flattering in the summer when I've got a bit of a tan (and a whole lot of freckles). It's got a buttery texture, so the name is a perfect fit. I like that it moisturizes my lips and still has a bit of shine to it! I don't love using my finger to apply it, but it's a minor dislike overall.
5. Bumble & Bumble Surf Infusion ($29) - I've used the original Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray before, and I wasn't a huge fan of it. I always felt like my hair was dry and crunchy, though it did add volume and texture. Surf Infusion gives me the texture I liked with the original formula but adds more softness and shine.
6. Bumble & Bumble Don't Blow It ($30) - I bought the small size of this product to try it out, and I'm really liking it so far! I like to let my hair air dry because it's got some natural wave to it, and this enhances that texture while keeping it from getting too frizzy. I haven't decided if I'll buy the full size, but I'm leaning toward it!
7. J.Crew Geo Clip Jacquard Shell ($79.99) - J.Crew shirts are often too short on me, but I think I'd be willing to take the risk and order this one! I love the color, and I like that it's sleeveless while still being appropriate for my office environment. It just looks so breezy and comfortable! It would be cute with pants or tucked into a skirt.
8. Dogeared Karma Circle Pendant Necklace ($39.90) - I love dainty necklaces, and Dogeared always has so many that fit that bill! This one caught my eye recently, and I've been thinking about it ever since. I love the mix of gold and silver! I've been wearing a rectangular charm necklace lately, so it would be nice to switch it up.
9. Dogeared 'The Lil Zip' Print Pouch ($24) - This pouch made me laugh when I spotted it online! There are several other sassy phrases to pick from, but this one was my favorite. I could see myself potentially carrying it in my purse, but I think it would work better tossed in a beach bag with my phone and Kindle in it.
10. Jack Rogers Whipstitched Flip Flops ($117.95) - I don't own any Jack Rogers sandals, but I have a lot of friends who love them. I've wanted to get a pair for a while, and I know I'll order this color whenever I take the plunge! Most of my friends have had theirs for years and love how they get perfectly broken in.
11. Come Away with Me and The Truth According to Us - I recently read Come Away with Me and really enjoyed it! It wasn't at all what I expected, but in a good way. I definitely recommend this adult fiction debut. And I bought The Truth According to Us when it came out and can't wait to read it. It sounds wonderful!
12. Poldark Season 1 ($22.87) - I've been watching this on PBS every Sunday evening, and I'm in love with it! I haven't read the books that inspired it, but I think I'm going to have to give them a shot. Aidan Turner is excellent as the hero - so handsome and captivating! And I adore the love story in it, too. SWOON.
13. A Little Chaos Movie - I think I missed this one while it was in theaters, so it's at the top of my "to watch" list as soon as it's released on DVD! Kate Winslet is one of my favorite actresses, and I recently fell in love with Matthias Schoenaerts after seeing him in Far from the Madding Crowd. I love a good costume drama!
14. Trolli Sour Brite Crawler Gummi Candy and Flavor Infuser Water Bottle ($15) - I'm addicted to gummy/chewy candy, and these sour crawlers have been my favorites lately! I keep buying the giant bag and devouring them. I want to drink more water (and less Diet Coke) so this flavor infuser water bottle is on my wishlist!
15. Venus from Joy Williams ($9.99) - This album came out in June, and I've had it on repeat ever since! I loved The Civil Wars and was so sad when they broke up. While this is a very different sound, it's really grown on me. I think my favorites so far are "Not Good Enough," "Until the Levee," and "Till Forever."