Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic and invite everyone to share their answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so I obviously love this feature!
Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession
1. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee - I've debated reading this book because I'm scared it will disappoint me. But I feel like I must read it, so I pre-ordered it. I want to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird before diving in.
2. Mudbound by Hilary Jordan - I traded in some books this weekend and browsed the shelves with my sister while there. She found a used copy of this book, and I bought it because the summary sounded awesome.
3. Dreams of gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor - I didn't really need to buy this Kindle Daily Deal, but I couldn't resist. I adore this entire series, and I own them in hardcover (US and UK), Kindle and audio now.
4. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman - I fell in love with Backman's recent release and was thrilled when I found a bargain copy of this book at a bookstore near my workplace. I hope this one is just as delightful!
5. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid - Reid is one of my favorite authors, and her most recent book is amazing. I made a special trip to the store just so I could buy a brand-new copy on release day.
6. Perrault's Fairy Tales by Charles Perrault - I've had my eye on this book of fairy tales for quite a while, so you can imagine my epic celebration when I won an eBay auction and got a "Like New" copy for just $15.
7. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett - Folio Society is having their members-only Summer Sale right now, and I received a copy from my husband as an anniversary gift. It's a childhood favorite!
8. The Once and Future King by T.H. White - This is another anniversary gift from my husband, and it's another book from Folio's Summer Sale. I haven't read this classic yet, but I've been meaning to and love this edition.
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - With the release of Go Set a Watchman, Folio marked down this book. It was another anniversary gift, and I'm thrilled about it. This is one of my all-time favorite books!
10. The Princess and the Goblin by George McDonald - Since this book was on sale for 50% off, I decided to splurge since this has been on my wishlist. I haven't read this yet, but I love The Lost Princess by the same author.