Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic and invite everyone to share their answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so I obviously love this feature!
Top Ten Authors I've Read the Most Books From
1. Robin Jones Gunn (40 Books) - I was a huge fan of this author in middle and high school, and I just devoured her books. But I was shocked when I saw just how many books I'd read by her!
2. Dee Henderson (16 Books) - This was another one of my favorite authors in high school! She didn't publish anything new for a long time, and unfortunately her new books just haven't been the same.
3. William Shakespeare (15 Books) - School's to blame for this one. Shakespeare was required reading in high school, and then I took a class about him in college hoping it would make me like him more. It didn't.
3. L.M. Montgomery (15 Books) - I wasn't surprised by this one! She's been a favorite since childhood, and I still have many of her books on my TBR. I can't wait to read them and move her up my list of most-read authors!
5. Maud Hart Lovelace (12 Books) - I've read all of Lovelace's books, and I wish she had more on her backlist. I love her Betsy-Tacy series and the three standalone (but companion) books. They're all so lovely!
5. Richelle Mead (12 Books) - I didn't realize how many books I'd read from Mead, but it makes sense since I've read the Vampire Academy series and Bloodlines series. Those were a whole bunch of books!
7. Melody Carlson (11 Books) - It's been years since I've read anything by Carlson, but I loved her in middle school. I think I've read more books by her, but those were the pre-Goodreads days so who can say for sure...
8. Francine Rivers (10 Books) - Working on this post made me realize how loyal I was to certain authors in high school, and reminded me how I'd read the entire backlist when I found a new favorite. This author qualifies!
9. Laura Ingalls Wilder (9 Books) - I love that Laura Ingalls Wilder is one of my most-read authors! I recently re-read The Little House series, and it was so fun to revisit this series that meant so much to me when I was a kid.
10. Jane Austen (8 Books) - There were actually four authors tied for this spot, but I went with Austen because she'd be higher on my list if she'd ever published more books! I'm a total fangirl of her, as you probably know.