Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic and invite everyone to share their answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so I obviously love this feature!
Top Ten Things I'm Thankful for This Year
1. The Re-Read Challenge with Kelly from Belle of Literati - When I was reviewing my reading habits last year, I noticed a decline in the amount of books I re-read. Re-reading has always been important to me, especially when I was growing up. I'd return to my favorites constantly! I'm thankful for The Re-Read Challenge because it motivated me to make this a priority again - and I haven't regretted it!
2. The Picky Pledge with Alexa from Alexa Loves Books - This is another blogging project that came out of reviewing my reading habits! In addition to re-reading less, I noticed I was buying a lot of books and spending more time on review reads. Both things are totally fine - in moderation - but I'd lost sight of why I started blogging in the first place. The Picky Pledge has helped me get back on track, and I'm so glad it's worked out.
3. Friends Discovered Through Blogging - Of course, this item is a given! No list of things I'm thankful for would be complete without mentioning the friends I've made through blogging. I love finding people who share my passion for reading - and who become "real life" friends, too! I'm so thankful for their support and for the laughter and fangirling and kindness they bring into my life on a daily basis.
4. A Creative Outlet That Inspires Me - I've been a little checked out of the blogging world lately, but that doesn't mean this doesn't still deserve a place on my list. I hate being in a bit of a blogging slump, but I'm hoping the holidays will give me a little more creativity and energy! Either way, I'm thankful I have an outlet to share my thoughts on books and all the other things that I love and am so obsessed with.
5. Finding Books That Bring Me Joy - It sounds silly, I'm sure, but I'm just so thankful for the fact that I'm continually finding new books that bring me joy! I still go through reading slumps or read books that just don't work for me, but I'm always amazed that I never run out of books to read and love. It's so lovely to see my favorites shelf expand and to see how my tastes change (and stay the same) over time.
6. Acquiring Amazing New Reads - In addition to finding books that bring me joy, I'm thankful for the ability to acquire so many amazing books. Whether it's collecting new editions of my favorites or buying a finished copy of a review book that I loved, I'm thankful I can do it - and that my husband doesn't mind being surrounded by books! And I'm learning to be more thoughtful about what I buy, and that's been nice, too.
7. The Baby on the Way - If you saw my post on Twitter (or Instagram), then you probably already know I'm having a baby! I don't have the words to describe how excited I am for our new arrival in May 2016. I've always wanted to be a mom, and the journey to becoming one has been nothing like I expected. It's made me even more thankful for what's to come - and given me an important lesson in patience and prayer.
8. My Hardworking Husband - My husband is one of the most hardworking people I know, and I'm so thankful for him! I couldn't imagine how my life would change when I met him seven years ago, and the reality has been so much better than anything I could have dreamed for myself. As I reflected earlier this year - it's not always perfect, but it's worth it. And I can't wait to see him with our baby!
9. A Home that I Love - With a baby on the way, I've been dreaming about (and planning) the nursery. It's been fun to pick out things for the room - and to imagine who will soon live in it! But it's also reminded me of how much I love my home and how thankful I am to live where I do. It's my favorite place, and there's nowhere I'd rather be. Honestly, that's such a wonderful feeling! And I'm glad my family is right down the road...
10. Fun Trips with Friends and Family - Finally, I'm thankful for the trips I've taken this year! I've gone to the mountains a few times, which was relaxing and refreshing. I went to the beach with my best friend, which was exactly what my heart needed and was so incredibly fun! Then, I went to the beach for family vacation (HEAVENLY). And for my mom's birthday, my brother and I took her to Chicago. It's been an awesome year!
What are you thankful for this year?