Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic and invite everyone to share their answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so I obviously love this feature!
Top Ten Most Anticipated YA Releases
for the First Half of 2016
1. The Rose and the Dagger by Rene Ahdieh - I read and enjoyed The Wrath and the Dawn earlier this year, and now I can't wait to read the sequel! There were a few things that didn't quite work for me, but that last 25% was my favorite part - and that bodes well for this follow up! I can't wait to see what happens next!
2. The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry - Berry's All the Truth That's In Me is one of my all-time favorite books, and I also really enjoyed her recent middle grade release, The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place. So, of course, I'm anxiously awaiting this 2016 release! The summary sounds right up my alley.
3. Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan - I'm completely and utterly obsessed with Brennan's The Lynburn Legacy, and I was thrilled when I heard she had a new book coming out in 2016. And when I found out it was inspired by A Tale of Two Cities? Even better because that's my favorite Dickens novel!
4. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee - Lee's debut, Under a Painted Sky, absolutely won me over earlier this year! It was one of my favorite YA historical fiction reads, and it made me so excited about reading more from Lee. This book sounds like it will be just as excellent, and I look forward to falling in love with it, too!
5. When We Collided by Emery Lord - I've absolutely loved both of Lord's books, Open Road Summer and The Start of Me and You, so it's a given that this book makes my list! While the summary doesn't appeal to me as much as Lord's first two books did, I'm sure I'll end up enjoying it just as much as her previous books.
6. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - While my love for A Court of Thorns and Roses doesn't even compare to my love for Maas' Throne of Glass series, I still can't wait to see what happens next in this world and with these characters. But I'm a little nervous - what will Mass put my heart through next?!
7. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski - Rutkoski's The Winner's Curse absolutely blew me away, and the second book quickly solidified these books as one of my favorite fantasy series. Reading them has been an emotional roller coaster, and I'm dying to get my hands on this book so I can finally see how it all ends.
8. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - I've read and enjoyed both of Sepetys' books, though neither was an all-time favorite for me. I just can't resist reading more from this author - she's never let me down! I've heard nothing but praise for this book, which has made me even more excited to get my hands on it!
9. A Tyranny of Petticoats edited by Jessica Spotswood - This is the only book on my list that isn't a follow up from an author I've previously read! But it's an anthology of short stories from fifteen different authors, including a few I've read before. I adore the idea behind this collection and hope it lives up to my expectations.
10. The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller - I fell in love with A Mad, Wicked Folly last year, and I've been keeping an eye out for a new release from Waller ever since. When I saw that this book was coming out in 2016, I did a little celebration dance. I'm so glad it comes out in February so I won't have to wait long to read it!
What are your most anticipated 2016 releases?
Do we have any books in common?