Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic and invite everyone to share their answers. I'm so obsessed with lists - so I obviously love this feature!
Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me
1. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Folio Edition) - I adore the Folio Society, and I'm dying to add this new Austen edition to my collection. I already own their editions of Pride and Prejudice and Emma, and they are absolutely gorgeous. As an Austen lover, this was at the very top of my Christmas wishlist!
2. The Annotated Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Santa technically already bought me this thanks to an early Christmas celebration with Nick's extended family. His grandparents got me this annotated edition that is even lovelier in person than it looked online. I can't wait to dive in and learn more about Alcott and this book!
3. Unequal Affections: A Pride & Prejudice Retelling by Lara Ormiston - I'm always on the lookout for promising retellings of Pride and Prejudice, and I randomly discovered this one while stalking Goodreads one day. I haven't heard anything about this book, but the reviews I read made it sound really good.
4. Game of Thrones Box Set by George R. R. Martin - I've never read (or watched) Game of Thrones, but I've always been curious about it. When this set when on sale on Black Friday (and was further discounted with a coupon), I couldn't resist giving Santa a nudge. I have no idea if I'll like these, but I'm hoping I do.
5. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - My #OTSPSecretSister probably had no idea that this book was at the top of my wishlist, so I was thrilled when I opened my December package from her and discovered it inside. I fell in love with Jay's Of Beast and Beauty earlier this year, and I've been dying to read more from her!
6. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - Kelly has been pushing this book on me for a while, but I wasn't rushing to read it because I liked (but didn't love) Moriarty's The Husband's Secret. Then Cassie fell in love with it, and I could no longer resist because she sent a copy my way for Christmas. I'm excited to give it a shot!
7-9. The Secret Life of Violet Grant, Tiny Little Thing and Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams - It's probably crazy of me to ask for all three books without reading at least one of them first, but I want to be able to binge all of these books about the Schuyler sisters in one go. They sound right up my alley!
10. Complete My Dear America Collection with I Walk in Dread by Lisa Rowe Fraustino, Look to the Hills by Patricia C. McKissack, Love Thy Neighbor by Ann Turner, All the Stars in the Sky by Megan McDonald, Seeds of Hope by Kristiana Gregory, Land of the Buffalo Bones by Marion Dane Bauer, When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Seidel Levine, A Time for Courage by Kathryn Lasky, Mirror, Mirror on the Wall by Barry Denenberg, Survival in the Storm by Katelan Janke, My Secret War by Mary Pope Osborne and Early Sunday Morning by Barry Denenberg - I was an avid reader of the Dear America books growing up. I purged way too many books from childhood, but I managed to hang on to all of the books I'd collected in this series. However, I stopped reading them at a certain age and want to complete my set! I've already been helping Santa track these down...
What books are on your wishlist this year?
Do we have any books in common?