Some of my favorite posts are ones where bloggers highlight the products they're loving lately or the things they're currently coveting. Posts like that always put new products on my radar and give me great ideas for gifts. I love this kind of content so much that I decided to start incorporating it into my blog by highlighting my loves and lusts and each season. Rather than give it a creative name, I thought my blog name was more fitting. So, here's what I'm so obsessed with this spring:
1. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette ($52) - My sister bought me this eyeshadow palette for my birthday, and I keep reaching for it every morning! I use every single color in it, which almost never happens. While the pigmentation is a little lacking on one or two colors, I love the mix of matte and shimmer shadows.
2. Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss ($4.49) - I've purchased this lip balm before in Cherry Me, but it ended up being just a little too much color. When I saw Kelly recommend the Peach Kiss color on Rachel's blog, I immediately put it on my shopping list. It's such a flattering nude with just a hint of color!
3. Kenra Professional Volume Spray 25 ($17) - My hair keeps getting longer and longer, so I've been curling it more lately. It's always been thicker, but it's finally got some length and volume. I've never been a big hairspray user, but I definitely need it to help hold the curl. This is my favorite kind!
4. Nars The Multiple in Riviera ($39) - I've had this sitting in my makeup drawer for almost a year because I haven't been taking advantage of its usefulness! This cream-to-power multipurpose makeup stick doesn't belong in a drawer. It's perfect tossed in my purse for when my cheeks or lips need a pop of color.
5. LUSH Ocean Salt Cleanser ($21.95/$35.05) - The sea salt scrubs away dirt and dead skin, the avocado and coconut hydrate, and the lime and vodka are (according to the jar) ideal for blocked pores and blemishes. All I know is that I love this product! I only use it once a week, but I wish I could use it more. It smells so good!
6. Essie Nail Polish in Bikini So Teeny and Nice is Nice ($8.50) - It's finally time to break out the pastels. I wear them all year, but they're perfect for the change in season. Bikini So Teeny is one of my favorite Essie polishes - a cornflower blue that always gets lots of compliments. And Nice is Nice (a light lavender) is on my wishlist!
7. Caslon Roll Sleeve V-Neck Maxi Dress ($68) - I gravitate toward striped and patterned maxi dresses, but I want to get a few solid colors so I can wear them more ways. I need more dresses that I can wear to work and on the weekends - this definitely fits the bill! Plus, I can enjoy the weather without showing my pasty legs.
8. Steve Madden Rillie Two Strap Sandal ($59.95) - I have long feet, but they're very narrow. So I sometimes have a hard time finding sandals that fit correctly. I don't want a huge gap between the straps and my feet! I don't know if these will work for me, but I'm hoping they do. I just love how they look!
9. Ray-Ban New Small Wayfarer Sunglasses ($130) - While I love the look of oversize sunglasses, I end up wearing my pair of small wayfarers most often. You can't go wrong with this classic shape, and I love them in dark tortoise. It's finally sunny and nice outside (stupid April showers), so these will finally be put to use.
10. Kate Spade Cedar Street - Maise Satchel ($298) - I tend to only buy purses in classic, neutral colors - especially if I'm investing in a pricey one! But there's something about this satchel in this gorgeous, bright color that I just can't resist. I'm not sure if I'll be adding this one to my closet, but I definitely want to find it there.
11. Melinda Maria Pod Eternity Band ($68) - I'm obsessed with eternity bands, and I dream of one day having a huge stack on them. Is that an insane dream? Possibly. I spotted this one while browsing online and fell in love. I love how it manages to look both funky and classic all at the same time. WANT.
12. The Age of Adaline - On a scale of one to ten, my desire to see this movie is BEYOND TEN. Seriously! I love Blake Lively from her Gossip Girl days, so that was an immediate win for the movie. But it's the story itself that has me intrigued! The trailer looks so promising, and I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations.
13. Parenthood: The Complete Series ($79.85) - I mentioned this in my March recap, but I quit Parenthood for a while during the fifth season. Why?! Epic fail on my part. I finally got back into it, and I totally cried during the series finale. I've pre-ordered the complete series because this is one I'll watch again and again.
14. P.S. I Still Love You and It's Not Me, It's You ($12-$14) - P.S. I Still Love You is one of my most anticipated spring release, so I've got to re-read the first book in preparation. It's Not Me, It's You is a recent favorite. I've fallen in love with all of Mhairi McFarlane's books, and they all make perfect spring reads!
15. Sriracha Popcorn and Joia Grapefruit, Chamomile & Cardamom Soda - My sister made me try the Sriracha Popcorn, and pretty soon we were both hooked. It's so addicting! I'm pretty sure we ate the entire bag in the car driving home. And I love this soda! It seems like an odd combination of flavors, but somehow it works.
16. Chaos and the Calm from James Bay ($9.99) and Queen of the Clouds from Tove Lo ($9.99) - I've had James Bay's album on repeat for all of April, and it's fantastic. I wish I could see him in concert! When I want something a little faster, I've been turning on Tove Lo's album. I don't love every song on it, but it's quite fun.