I always enjoy December, from a blogging perspective, because I love looking back at the past year. Whether it's reflecting on lessons learned or sharing my enduring obsessions, it's so fun to recap the past twelve months. For the next few days, I'm highlighting some of my favorite things from 2016. Today, it's beauty products!
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Gifted Smart Mascara ($21) - Tarte had a special promotion where I got seven full-size products for $60, which is why I tried this mascara. But I'd totally pay full price for it - that's how much I love it!
2. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour ($29) in Rose Gold and Cocoa - My mom introduced me to these sticks. I use them by themselves, but I also use the Rose Gold under powder eyeshadows. It's amazing.
3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner ($25) in Blacquer - This is another favorite that I discovered because of my mom! I have brown right now, but the black is best and will be my next one.
4. The Original Beautyblender ($20) - I bought this in Sephora's VIB sale last fall, but I didn't really start using it until this year. I'm surprised by how much I love it! It helps me blend my foundation more evenly.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($28) in Exposed - I typically buy Tarte's blush palette during the holidays, but I ended up getting just this color on a whim and am in love with it. It's the perfect nude!
6. Laura Geller Bronze 'n Brighten ($33) in Fair - I can't even tell you how long I've used this bronzer because it's been too many years. And I still haven't used it up! It's just enough color for me without being too dark.
7. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Concealer ($23) in Fair - I've been using this concealer stick under my eyes and to cover up blemishes. It works great for both, though it's a little better for the latter.
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Foundation ($39) in Fair Beige - I didn't find this foundation in 2016, but it solidified its place on my all-time favorites list. This is the only foundation I've found that's a great shade for me!
9. Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser ($24) - There are so many cleansers out there, and I usually opt for a cheap one. But I splurged on this one earlier this year, and it's been worth every penny.
10. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream ($45) - So, I think the company's claim that this helps tighten your skin is a little ridiculous. But I love the scent and that it's got a tiny bit of shimmer to it!
11. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4-Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel ($25) - I bought a set with the lotion above and this shower gel, and I think this product is my favorite of the two! It smells so heavenly.
12. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo ($6) - Honestly, I rely way too much on dry shampoo! It's one of the best inventions ever. I've tried a bunch of cheap ones, and this is the stand out so far.
Do you have any beauty product recommendations?
See anything new on my list that you want to try?